We are currently hiring for the position of Bookkeeper.
Overview: HELM is hiring a Bookkeeper with experience in QuickBooks and construction bookkeeping. Flexible schedule; 15-20 hours/week to start with potential for additional hours. Work with a variety of small construction businesses to ensure their books are accurate and up to date. Our ideal candidate can work independently, and is attentive to detail, comfortable with technology, and familiar with accounting principles. This position is based in our Brattleboro, VT office with some work remotely and at clients' offices. Competitive salary based on experience. Please submit cover letter, resume and 3 references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
General Description: The Bookkeeper works with a variety of small business owners to maintain accurate and up to date financial accounting.
Major Job Activities/Responsibilities: The Bookkeeper is responsible for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Job Cost Accounting.
- Enter vendor bills and prepare checks for signature.
- Generate employee time reports and enter payroll.
- Prepare customer invoices, receive payments and log deposits.
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards monthly.
- Set up new employees, file necessary paperwork, track benefits.
- Gather necessary subcontractor insurance forms, certificates of independent subcontractor status forms, W-4 forms.
- Coordinate annual insurance audits.
- File payroll taxes and reports.
- Run job profitability reports.
- Track estimated to actual job costs.
- Prepare books for Accountant to complete annual tax return.
- Training and/or previous experience in accounting or bookkeeping.
- Experience using Excel and QuickBooks.
- Excellent problem-solving ability.
- Highly organized.
- Critical thinking skills.
HELM Construction Solutions LLC is committed to a policy of non-discrimination and equal opportunity for all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, criminal record, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, active military status, genetics, or any other category protected under applicable federal, state or local law. Consistent with the obligations of federal and state law, HELM will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, so long as the accommodation does not impose an undue hardship on the company.